Almost any fish can be tastefully marinated with herbs, oil or another type of marinade. Your fillet will become softer, will remain juicy and will have a delicious flavour. You can also easily try out new flavours yourself. This is how I marinate my fish:
- Preferably allow the fillets to defrost in the refrigerator and subsequently pat them dry.
- Prepare a marinade of olive oil, herbs and other types of seasoning like ketjap, soy sauce or lemon juice.
- Place the fillet in a bowl with the marinade and put the covered dish in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Prepare the marinated fillet using a method of your choice, e.g. frying pan, grill or on the barbecue.
- Wrap the fish in aluminium foil when cooking in the oven or on the barbecue.
This post is also available in: Dutch